MNA Editorial Desk: India and Bangladesh inked nearly 22 pacts in strategic areas of defence and civil nuclear cooperation after productive talks between their prime ministers.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi held extensive discussions with his Bangladeshi counterpart Sheikh Hasina on ways to strengthen the strategic partnership between the two countries.
Here is the list of agreements and MoUs:
- MoU on Defence Cooperation Framework.
- Agreement between India’s Defence Services Staff College and Dhaka’s Defence Services Command and Staff College for Enhancing Cooperation in the Field of Strategic and operational studies.
- MoU between Dhaka’s National Defence College and India’s National Defence College for enhancing cooperation in the field of national security, development and strategic studies.
- MoU signed on cooperation in the peaceful uses of outer space.
- Arrangement for the exchange of technical information and co-operation in the Regulation of Nuclear Safety and Radiation Protection.
- Inter-Agency agreement on cooperation regarding Nuclear Power Plant Projects in Bangladesh.
- MoU in the field of Information Technology and Electronics.
- Agreements on cooperation in the area of Cyber Security.
- MoU on Training and Capacity Building Programme for Bangladeshi Judicial Officers in India.
- MoU on Mutual Scientific Cooperation in the field of Earth Sciences for Research and Development.
- MoU on cooperation in the Field of Mass Media.
- MoU between India and Bangladesh for extending Defence Line of Control of USD 500 million.
- Agreement for the regulation of Motor Vehicle Passenger Traffic along the Khulna-Kolkata route.
- Financing Agreement for the Construction of 36 Community Clinics in Bangladesh.
- An agreement between both countries on establishing border markets across the border was signed.
- India will supply an additional 60 megawatts of power to Bangladesh.
- MoU on development of fairway from Sirajganj to Daikhowa and Ashuganj to Zakiganj on Indo-Bangladesh protocol route between the Indian Shipping Ministry and Bangladesh Shipping Ministry was signed.
- Both the countries also signed a deal on passenger and cruise services on the coastal and protocol route.