MNA Life Style Desk: Observing the end of the holy month of Ramadan, we celebrate Eid, a glorious occasion that is followed by rejoicing, giving of alms and a feast of various and delicious foods.
Here are a few tips for a happy and healthy Eid:
- Before your Fajr prayers, make sure to eat something, like a few dates.
- After prayers, it is recommended to have something light such as milk or laban, preferably low fat or zero fat.
- A moderately light breakfast can follow. For example you can have whole grain breakfast cereals with low fat milk and a banana or brown toast/whole wheat bread with white, low fat cheese or low fat labneh with a sliced tomato.
- Try eating your main meals during Eid at timings that are close to Ramadan’s Iftar and Suhour. This will help your body to gradually get used to normal eating habits.
- Limit portion sizes to decrease the chances of having indigestion and heartburn.
- Modify sweet recipes by decreasing their fat content and substituting sugar with honey or dates as this offers a higher nutritional value to the dish and adds a richer taste.
- With these useful tips you can now enjoy an Eid that’s nutritious and healthy, while ensuring that you gently go back to your regular 3 meals and incorporating regular exercise in your life.