car bomb

At least 112 dead as car bomb hits Syria evacuees

MNA International Desk: A suicide car bomb attack on buses carrying Syrians evacuated from two besieged government-held towns killed 112 people on Saturday, reported news agency.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said the blast targeted buses carrying residents evacuated from the northern towns of Fuaa and Kafraya under a deal reached between the regime and rebels.

“The suicide bomber was driving a van supposedly carrying aid supplies and detonated near the buses,” the monitoring group said.

It said most of the dead in the explosion in rebel-held Rashidin, west of Aleppo, were evacuees, but the blast also killed several rebels who had been guarding the buses.

Thousands of evacuees had been stuck on the road because of a disagreement over the number of rebels allowed to leave two other towns included in the deal. The evacuation process resumed following the blast, the Observatory said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

x

Check Also

COVID-19

China brings its first Covid-19 vaccine patent

MNA International Desk: National Intellectual Property Administration has granted the China’s first patent for a ...

Scroll Up